[No monthly rentals]
Soulful cottage keeps you in the heart of it all, while giving you total privacy and quiet. We designed it to be a warm and bright retreat from the hustle of everyday life. It really feels remote and peaceful, and yet it's minutes away from the best of Venice.
"Thea & George were awesome hosts and their place is absolutely amazing. It's a perfectly appointed private cottage tucked away on a quiet street on the back of their property. We wanted a place close to the beach but far enough away so as to not be in the middle of the action all the time - this place was the perfect medium."
"Thea and George's cottage, set off a quiet road, is bright, clean, and cheerful. It's newly renovated, with great attention to detail, making for a relaxing stay. The location is a short walk to the main drag of Abbot Kinney, where you'll find lots of shops, cafes, restaurants, and the buzz of Venice. Overall, it's a beautiful flat and is recommended for anyone who wants a relaxing time in a great neighborhood with friendly, attentive hosts."
This is a super-sweet cottage in the back of our property, perfect for a professional looking for a quiet place to come home to after a hard day's work, for a couple wanting some peace and quiet, or for a family with one or two small children. We've just renovated it, and furnished it with lots of love and care.
We're one mile from Venice Beach, half a mile to the Venice Canals, and six blocks from the famous Abbot Kinney shopping street, with LA's trendiest boutiques and restaurants.
The cottage is roomy and very bright, with five skylights and wood floors. It has a full kitchen, with fridge, toaster and 3-burner antique gas stove. The bedroom area can be closed off from the rest of the space by a semi-circular folding door, and it is furnished with a queen bed. The living area is spacious and bright and right now it has a queen size bed that can be used as couch/daybed or sleeping for one or two.
The cottage has its own outdoor table and chairs with an umbrella, idyllically situated under a big bougainvillea vine.
- linens, towels and beach towels
- a full kitchen with pots and pans, tableware and some basic cooking staples (ketchup, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, sugar, coffee, tea, etc.)
- shampoo, conditioner, soap
- two rickety adult bikes (use at no charge, you fix them if they break)
- there is ample free parking on the street, you just have to yield the street cleaning signs to avoid getting a ticket on Wednesday and Thursday mornings, 8-10am.
Please read our other reviews to see what kind of hosts we are and to get an idea of the service we provide.
We provide all the linens, towels, beach towels, bikes and more. Shampoo, conditioner, soap in the bathroom and basic cooking essentials in the kitchen. All you really need to bring is your bathing suit and toothbrush.
Vuorovaikutus vieraiden kanssa
We give you complete privacy and ample space. We're very friendly, though, so if you'd like to stop by and chat about LA or Venice, or have a glass of wine with us, we'd love to meet you and hear about your adventures.
We've worked hard to create a "home away from home" for you at a fraction of what a simple hotel room in the area would cost. Please treat it accordingly and don't leave a terrible impression after yourself.
YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN EXTRA $25 WHEN:
- you leave dirty dishes in the sink
- you leave bikes in worse condition than you found them
- brake boogie boards and don't replace them
- you leave sand on furniture or floors
- break dishes or glasses and don't notify us to find out what their value is
- leave the house in "trashed" condition, with garbage and recycle items everywhere, wet towels on the floor, etc.
- change the schedule settings on the thermostat
- leave lights on while you're away
The Cottage is situated in a residential area, and is not suitable for parties or late-night gatherings, though we do encourage use of the patio table and BBQ. Obviously you're welcome to have dinner with friends here, and you may come and go as you please. Just please be respectful of the neighborhood. There is a friendly dog on premise, please remember to keep the front and back gates closed at all times.
Very friendly, world-loving family. We're gone every time we get a chance, and would love to share our home with you while we're away.