You are up to immerse yourself into our beach Oasis where nature, healthy life style and tranquility reign. A break to boost inner energy and peace for your Mind,Body&Soul. You can experience Eco living, Javanese traditions and culture.
Jiwa Laut is a sustainable small NGO empowering local villagers through projects and activities guests can support.
Our purpose of hosting is to go beyond the standards of hospitality to able you exploring our area, meet locals and leave you lasting memories.
Our aim is not just to offer an accommodation but a quite relaxing country side “eco and social minded” experience; a home away from home, far from big city life style and out of the beaten foreign tourists tracks.
This Limasan is the both Twin Limasans I and II to be rented as a whole house, with two private rooms and bedroom with private entrance, balcony and bathroom, with a small common space we open to allow you to go from obe to the other.
We built two bungalows under one roof. Its first aim was to build a modern life style family house, where parents and children have privacy. Can be also for 2 couple travelling together and want to get some privacy. There is one smaller and one bigger room.
The first concept was to build a more simple and local style Limasan House than our other architect designed houses.
It was created by our local villagers. It was inspired by their traditional building knowledge and the knowledge they got working on the more modern and eco sustainable work on the first Joglo Villa and Balai buildings, of the architect Yu Sing of Akanoma from Bandung.
It was built using only local material, acacia wood and bamboo from sustainable plantation.
We collect rain water from the roof into a big water tank located inside the building fondations.
We treat through a natural system your gray water into a fish pound and last but not least your toilet output will produce biogaz and great fertilizer to grow organic vegetable and fruits to the future guests.
We also rent out for honeymooners/couples our Deluxe "Omah Bamboo" Honeymoon bungalow, or our Rumah Bukit “Wild Haven” for 2-4people.
We also rent for small groups or families up to 8 people our traditional Joglo stylish Villa family house.
1) The pristine white sandy beach of Watu Kodok (cleanest beach around). About 100 walking meters away with one of the best sunrise and sunset on the sea (2 hills tops look out surrounding the beach and some other nearby on a short hike like Kosakora, Kukup, Drini). The beach is open to the Indian Ocean and its waves. For good swimmers only.
We can introduce you with the location of our swimming "lagoon" away from the crowd where you can swim and snorkel safely when the tide is right.
2) We are passionate and love meditation. If you want to learn or practice meditation you are at the right place. We can help you with different technics.
3) Exclusive, we can bring you for a local life "Javanese" experience, at our traditional farmer village community, just a couple of KM inland. It is a non touristic total immersion and the level of positive energy and experience reward that you will bring back home depends on you and how you will open yourself to the people and let it go during the activities.
You can trek to the village through Bamboo forest (about 2 hours) or we can drive you there with local farmer pick up traditional truck.
We have 3 activities: The first one, the most adventurous you will be able to descend a non touristic adventurous karstic cave « Jurassic world » hole of about with safe ropes.
Explore (speleology style) an underground horizontal holy pre-islam karstic (stalagmite/stalactite) Javanese last Hindu King Bramijaya V, meditating cave. We can even guide you for a deep Kejawen meditation experience there. It is still a bit adventurous and you may have to deal with your own fears if you have any.
After that you may enjoy a local traditional dinner and drinks at one of the villagers house and sharing their life at the edge of the modern and ancient world.
We will end this experience with a gamelan evening workshop with the local village band where we will all play together traditional Javanese partition inspired from Ramayana stories.
4) we can bring you also to traditional local ceremonies if there is any at the time you are here. Mostly during the month after Ramadan, Equinox, full moons and Javanese New Year.
Some are supra natural experience of trance dance like Jatilan or Rasulan (cleansing) or just traditions or religious like end of Ramadan, reading Quran, wedding, circumsision and any party, concert music gamelan etc... which are all part of traditional javanese life, if there are any at the time of your stay.
5) We can offer you a day, non touristy tour, to the traditional batik woven on textile village or to the batik wood (masks) handicrafts workshop village for learning/try and/or shopping for cheaper than in Yogya (both about more than 1 hour drive east or west of our place).
6) We can organise your trip to explore the most famous and touristic Jomblang cave and Kalisuci tube caving river adventure.
7) We can book traditional massage (acupressure) from our local healer crew member and deep meditation cave master.
8) You can spot pilot whales around Juanly/October just cruising behind the breaking waves at our beach.
9) We can offer you a drive you to visit the true permaculture pioneers of Indonesia at Bumulangit community (about an hour drive) and their unique farm with spiritual philosophical knowledge and their restaurant with amazing healthy organic food you can buy.
10) We are central located to the more touristic famous Gunungkidul beaches like:
- Drini beach with traditional fishermen and fresh sea foods restaurants, kayak rental (within walking distance)
-Sanglen and its natural jacuzzi pool at low tide and beautiful sunrise spot next to our beach (within walking distance)
- Ngobaran Hindu, Buddhist, Islam and Kejawen temples with possibility to attend some ceremony, and on the way the holy Goa Santa Maria (Cave) etc... (about half our scooter distance).
-Krakal best beach around for surfing and bodyboarding about 15 minutes by scooters (Ripcurl Java Gromsearch 2015)
- Kukup for the sunsets and the small rock island and the only place where you can enjoy a cold beer around. (10 minutes scooter)
-Many nice beaches and bays near by to be explored like Timang, Slili, Jogan, Ngobaran, Ngandong, Siung, Kukup, Wediombo, Ngrumput etc to name a few
-Water fall of Sri Gethuk
11) Nglanggeran ancient volcano and Geopark and karst museum
12) Many trekking possibilities around the hills, beaches and bays of Gunung Kidul. Walking trails around rice fields and forest behind the hill. The farmers may show you how they farm in a still traditional way.
13) We can bring you for a day trip to Prambanan temples or to Merapy volcano trip (all about 2-3 hours drive from our place).
Tanjungsari, Yogyakartan erikoisalue, Indonesia