Jätä sisältö väliin

Guide créé par Rose

Rose

Guide créé par Rose

Shopping
Fanny offers a very fine selection of women's clothing.
Yumi Mazao
39 Boulevard Malesherbes
Fanny offers a very fine selection of women's clothing.
Village Royal passage is a timeless place, beautiful shops, artworks, absolute calm...
Le Village Royal
25 Rue Royale
Village Royal passage is a timeless place, beautiful shops, artworks, absolute calm...
Frédéric & Marie-Julie are adorable, very good merchants and offer an excellent choice of sunglasses or eyewear.
Adam Vision Malesherbes
41 Boulevard Malesherbes
Frédéric & Marie-Julie are adorable, very good merchants and offer an excellent choice of sunglasses or eyewear.
The Augé cellars are one of the oldest wine and spirits shops in Paris. A few steps from the apartment, we recommend a visit, you will find incredible bottles there!
Caves Augé
116 Boulevard Haussmann
The Augé cellars are one of the oldest wine and spirits shops in Paris. A few steps from the apartment, we recommend a visit, you will find incredible bottles there!
Lieux emblématiques
Saint-Augustin Church Place Saint-Augustin - Métro Saint-Augustin (Very close to the apartment) The Saint-Augustin church is one of the first Parisian religious buildings built with a metal structure. THE ARCHITECT OF THE HALLS The church was built between 1860 and 1871 by Victor Baltard (1805-1874), the famous architect of the Halles de Paris. Located at the intersection of Haussmann and Malesherbes boulevards, the church will therefore be clearly visible, in the heart of a new district in vogue during the Second Empire. Emperor Napoleon III wanted to install the tombs of the imperial princes in the crypt of Saint-Augustin. His wish will not come true. A BOLD CONSTRUCTION It is the first religious building of such magnitude to use a steel structure as a construction system. This structure is not visible on the outside, hidden by a stone envelope. Inside, the clearly visible metal structure rests on gilded and painted cast iron columns. The plan of the building, in a trapezoidal shape, is original; it results from the difficulty of exploiting the plot on the edge of Boulevard Malesherbes. Behind a monumental portal, the nave and the oblique aisles flared out to join the choir, which was square in plan and topped by a dome. The nave is lined with semicircular arches, surmounted by a triforium.
7
paikallista suosittelee
Église Saint-Augustin
8 Avenue César Caire
7
paikallista suosittelee
Saint-Augustin Church Place Saint-Augustin - Métro Saint-Augustin (Very close to the apartment) The Saint-Augustin church is one of the first Parisian religious buildings built with a metal structure. THE ARCHITECT OF THE HALLS The church was built between 1860 and 1871 by Victor Baltard (1805-1874), the famous architect of the Halles de Paris. Located at the intersection of Haussmann and Malesherbes boulevards, the church will therefore be clearly visible, in the heart of a new district in vogue during the Second Empire. Emperor Napoleon III wanted to install the tombs of the imperial princes in the crypt of Saint-Augustin. His wish will not come true. A BOLD CONSTRUCTION It is the first religious building of such magnitude to use a steel structure as a construction system. This structure is not visible on the outside, hidden by a stone envelope. Inside, the clearly visible metal structure rests on gilded and painted cast iron columns. The plan of the building, in a trapezoidal shape, is original; it results from the difficulty of exploiting the plot on the edge of Boulevard Malesherbes. Behind a monumental portal, the nave and the oblique aisles flared out to join the choir, which was square in plan and topped by a dome. The nave is lined with semicircular arches, surmounted by a triforium.
The Church of the Madeleine Place de la Madeleine - M° Madeleine - Tel: 01 44 51 51 69 00 Opening hours: the Madeleine church is open every day from 9:30 am to 7 pm. (very close to the apartment) The Church of the Madeleine is one of the best illustrations of the neoclassical style applied to religious architecture. A PROJECT THAT COMPLEMENTS THE ONE IN PLACE LOUIS XV With the development of Place Louis XV (future Place de la Concorde), the project of a large church located in the axis of Rue Royale is envisaged. The architect Pierre Contant d'Ivry delivered plans approved in 1764, followed after his death by Guillaume-Martin Couture. However, it will take more than 80 years to complete the construction of this church. EXCEPTIONAL INTERIOR DECORATIONS By the quality of its interior decorations, the Madeleine is a true museum of French arts under the Restoration and under the July Monarchy. The church houses works by the painters Abel de Pujol, François Bouchot, Paul Delaroche, Emile Signol, Auguste Couderc, Léon Cogniet, and sculptors Antoine Etex, Pierre-Joseph Lemaire, etc.
51
paikallista suosittelee
L'église de la Madeleine
51
paikallista suosittelee
The Church of the Madeleine Place de la Madeleine - M° Madeleine - Tel: 01 44 51 51 69 00 Opening hours: the Madeleine church is open every day from 9:30 am to 7 pm. (very close to the apartment) The Church of the Madeleine is one of the best illustrations of the neoclassical style applied to religious architecture. A PROJECT THAT COMPLEMENTS THE ONE IN PLACE LOUIS XV With the development of Place Louis XV (future Place de la Concorde), the project of a large church located in the axis of Rue Royale is envisaged. The architect Pierre Contant d'Ivry delivered plans approved in 1764, followed after his death by Guillaume-Martin Couture. However, it will take more than 80 years to complete the construction of this church. EXCEPTIONAL INTERIOR DECORATIONS By the quality of its interior decorations, the Madeleine is a true museum of French arts under the Restoration and under the July Monarchy. The church houses works by the painters Abel de Pujol, François Bouchot, Paul Delaroche, Emile Signol, Auguste Couderc, Léon Cogniet, and sculptors Antoine Etex, Pierre-Joseph Lemaire, etc.
Place Louis XV Place de la Concorde Place de la Concorde - M° Concorde (5 minutes walk from the apartment) Place Louis XV - renamed Place de la Concorde during the Revolution - was the most important urban development in Paris in the 18th century. It is also the affirmation of a new style, French classicism, in a break with the Rocaille style. THE PLACE LOUIS XV In 1748, the City of Paris proposed to erect an equestrian statue of King Louis XV. The place chosen is an empty esplanade located at the western end of the Tuileries garden. Begun by Edme Bouchardon and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle, the king's statue was inaugurated on June 20, 1763. In 1753, a competition was launched to design the square. The winner is Ange-Jacques Gabriel (1698-1782). The architect proposes a square open to the south towards the Seine, to the west towards the avenue des Champs-Elysées, to the east towards the Tuileries garden. Only the north side is closed by two twin buildings. These two buildings were built between 1766 and 1775. Gabriel seems to have been inspired by the colonnade of the Louvre, raised by Claude Perrault. The two buildings end with corner pavilions topped with pediments: allegories of Agriculture, Trade, Magnificence and Public Happiness can be seen. It is above all the affirmation of a new style, French classicism, in a break with the Rocaille style. THE TRAGIC EVENTS OF THE REVOLUTION During the Revolution, the square was the setting for tragic events. On August 11, 1792, the statue of Louis XV was overthrown and melted down. The square was renamed Place de la Révolution. The guillotine was installed several times, notably between May 1793 and June 1794. Louis XVI, Marie-Antoinette, the Duke of Orléans, Charlotte Corday, Robespierre, Danton, Malesherbes, Lavoisier are guillotined. At the end of the Terror, the square takes its current name from Place de la Concorde. In 1795, a famous sculpted group, Marly's horses, by the sculptor Guillaume Coustou, was placed at the entrance to the Champs-Elysées. SUCCESSIVE EMBELLISHMENTS In 1831, the Viceroy of Egypt, Mehemet Ali, offered France two obelisks from Luxor Temple in Thebes. Only one was erected in the centre of Place de la Concorde, the other finally remaining in Egypt. Between 1836 and 1846, the architect Jacques-Ignace Hittorff was in charge of redeveloping the square. On either side of the obelisk, he placed two large cast iron fountains, called the Fontaine des Mers and the Fontaine des Fleuves. He also had the place surrounded by candelabra and rostral columns. Finally, eight allegorical statues are erected around the square: they represent eight major cities in France.
121
paikallista suosittelee
Place de la Concorde
121
paikallista suosittelee
Place Louis XV Place de la Concorde Place de la Concorde - M° Concorde (5 minutes walk from the apartment) Place Louis XV - renamed Place de la Concorde during the Revolution - was the most important urban development in Paris in the 18th century. It is also the affirmation of a new style, French classicism, in a break with the Rocaille style. THE PLACE LOUIS XV In 1748, the City of Paris proposed to erect an equestrian statue of King Louis XV. The place chosen is an empty esplanade located at the western end of the Tuileries garden. Begun by Edme Bouchardon and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle, the king's statue was inaugurated on June 20, 1763. In 1753, a competition was launched to design the square. The winner is Ange-Jacques Gabriel (1698-1782). The architect proposes a square open to the south towards the Seine, to the west towards the avenue des Champs-Elysées, to the east towards the Tuileries garden. Only the north side is closed by two twin buildings. These two buildings were built between 1766 and 1775. Gabriel seems to have been inspired by the colonnade of the Louvre, raised by Claude Perrault. The two buildings end with corner pavilions topped with pediments: allegories of Agriculture, Trade, Magnificence and Public Happiness can be seen. It is above all the affirmation of a new style, French classicism, in a break with the Rocaille style. THE TRAGIC EVENTS OF THE REVOLUTION During the Revolution, the square was the setting for tragic events. On August 11, 1792, the statue of Louis XV was overthrown and melted down. The square was renamed Place de la Révolution. The guillotine was installed several times, notably between May 1793 and June 1794. Louis XVI, Marie-Antoinette, the Duke of Orléans, Charlotte Corday, Robespierre, Danton, Malesherbes, Lavoisier are guillotined. At the end of the Terror, the square takes its current name from Place de la Concorde. In 1795, a famous sculpted group, Marly's horses, by the sculptor Guillaume Coustou, was placed at the entrance to the Champs-Elysées. SUCCESSIVE EMBELLISHMENTS In 1831, the Viceroy of Egypt, Mehemet Ali, offered France two obelisks from Luxor Temple in Thebes. Only one was erected in the centre of Place de la Concorde, the other finally remaining in Egypt. Between 1836 and 1846, the architect Jacques-Ignace Hittorff was in charge of redeveloping the square. On either side of the obelisk, he placed two large cast iron fountains, called the Fontaine des Mers and the Fontaine des Fleuves. He also had the place surrounded by candelabra and rostral columns. Finally, eight allegorical statues are erected around the square: they represent eight major cities in France.
The Monceau Park a few minutes' walk away, this large green and wooded park is the ideal place for runners. Note: Dogs are not really welcome in the parc.
488
paikallista suosittelee
Parc Monceau
35 Boulevard de Courcelles
488
paikallista suosittelee
The Monceau Park a few minutes' walk away, this large green and wooded park is the ideal place for runners. Note: Dogs are not really welcome in the parc.
The Gardens of the Champs-Elysées (5/10 minutes walk from the apartment) Located at the very bottom of the Champs-Elysées, near Place de la Concorde, these public gardens are an ideal place to picnic, rest in the open air or walk your dog.
Champs-Élysées Garden
10 Av. des Champs-Élysées
The Gardens of the Champs-Elysées (5/10 minutes walk from the apartment) Located at the very bottom of the Champs-Elysées, near Place de la Concorde, these public gardens are an ideal place to picnic, rest in the open air or walk your dog.
Culture
The Madeleine Theatre 19 rue de Surène - M° Madeleine - Tel: 01 42 42 65 07 09 (a few minutes from the apartment) The Théâtre de la Madeleine was Sacha Guitry's official theatre from 1930 to 1942. The Théâtre de la Madeleine was built in 1924 by architect Charles Imandt on the site of a horse riding arena. In classical style, the building is inspired by the theatre built by Jacques Rousseau in Amiens in 1778-1780. From 1930 to 1942, actor and director Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) created 24 of his works there. André Roussin and Benoît-Léon Deutsch were its directors from 1955 to 1965. More recently, from 1980 to 2002, Simone Valère and Jean Desailly held the reins. The Madeleine Theatre - The Hall Considered one of the most prestigious Parisian theatres, the Théâtre de la Madeleine now presents classical repertoire and, above all, modern and contemporary works. See the program on www.theatre-madeleine.com
Théâtre de la Madeleine
19 Rue de Surène
The Madeleine Theatre 19 rue de Surène - M° Madeleine - Tel: 01 42 42 65 07 09 (a few minutes from the apartment) The Théâtre de la Madeleine was Sacha Guitry's official theatre from 1930 to 1942. The Théâtre de la Madeleine was built in 1924 by architect Charles Imandt on the site of a horse riding arena. In classical style, the building is inspired by the theatre built by Jacques Rousseau in Amiens in 1778-1780. From 1930 to 1942, actor and director Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) created 24 of his works there. André Roussin and Benoît-Léon Deutsch were its directors from 1955 to 1965. More recently, from 1980 to 2002, Simone Valère and Jean Desailly held the reins. The Madeleine Theatre - The Hall Considered one of the most prestigious Parisian theatres, the Théâtre de la Madeleine now presents classical repertoire and, above all, modern and contemporary works. See the program on www.theatre-madeleine.com
The Lido 116bis avenue des Champs-Elysées - M° Georges V - Tel : 01 40 76 76 56 10 The Lido is a mythical show venue on the Champs-Elysées, famous for its magical reviews. www.lido.fr
47
paikallista suosittelee
Lido de Paris
116 Av. des Champs-Élysées
47
paikallista suosittelee
The Lido 116bis avenue des Champs-Elysées - M° Georges V - Tel : 01 40 76 76 56 10 The Lido is a mythical show venue on the Champs-Elysées, famous for its magical reviews. www.lido.fr
Mr. Loo's Pagoda 48 rue de Courcelles - M° Courcelles (10 minutes walk from the apartment) Mr. Loo's Pagoda is one of the few Chinese style buildings in Paris At the corner of rue de Courcelles and rue Rembrandt, the bright red Chinese pagoda stands out curiously in the district's very Second Empire landscape. It was built in 1926 by the architect Fernand Bloch for the Chinese merchant Ching-Tsai Loo. First studying in Paris, Loo became an antiques dealer and specialized in oriental art where he made his fortune. The house Loo et compagnie has remained in this pagoda until 2011. interior woodwork The pagoda has the characteristics of traditional Chinese architecture: varnished tile canopies, richly decorated pilasters and horizontal bands, characteristic motifs of the window railings. Inside, coffered ceilings and lacquered woodwork from the 17th and 18th centuries have been preserved. Today, the Pagoda perpetuates Asian art in Paris by hosting exhibitions and private events. The collections of Mr. Loo's library, which include 1,300 books, 3,000 exhibition catalogues and 3,000 photographs of art objects, have been preserved and are available for consultation. Information on www.pagodaparis.com
Pagoda Paris
48 Rue de Courcelles
Mr. Loo's Pagoda 48 rue de Courcelles - M° Courcelles (10 minutes walk from the apartment) Mr. Loo's Pagoda is one of the few Chinese style buildings in Paris At the corner of rue de Courcelles and rue Rembrandt, the bright red Chinese pagoda stands out curiously in the district's very Second Empire landscape. It was built in 1926 by the architect Fernand Bloch for the Chinese merchant Ching-Tsai Loo. First studying in Paris, Loo became an antiques dealer and specialized in oriental art where he made his fortune. The house Loo et compagnie has remained in this pagoda until 2011. interior woodwork The pagoda has the characteristics of traditional Chinese architecture: varnished tile canopies, richly decorated pilasters and horizontal bands, characteristic motifs of the window railings. Inside, coffered ceilings and lacquered woodwork from the 17th and 18th centuries have been preserved. Today, the Pagoda perpetuates Asian art in Paris by hosting exhibitions and private events. The collections of Mr. Loo's library, which include 1,300 books, 3,000 exhibition catalogues and 3,000 photographs of art objects, have been preserved and are available for consultation. Information on www.pagodaparis.com
The Marigny Theatre Carré Marigny - M° Champ-Elysées-Clémenceau - Tel : 01 53 96 70 30 The Marigny Theatre is one of the most prestigious theatres in Paris. See the program on www.theatremarigny.fr
Marigny Theater
The Marigny Theatre Carré Marigny - M° Champ-Elysées-Clémenceau - Tel : 01 53 96 70 30 The Marigny Theatre is one of the most prestigious theatres in Paris. See the program on www.theatremarigny.fr
The Palace of Discovery Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt - M° Franklin Roosevelt - Tel: 01 56 56 43 43 20 20 Opening hours: open from Tuesday to Saturday from 9.30 am to 6 pm, on Sundays and public holidays from 10 am to 7 pm. The Palais de la Découverte is an exhibition space designed to popularize Science among audiences, especially young audiences. Scientist Jean Perrin, Nobel Prize winner in Physics in 1926, created the Palais de la Découverte in 1937 on the occasion of the International Exhibition "Arts and Techniques". Its purpose is to popularize Science to the public. The chosen location is the west wing of the Grand Palais, called the Palais d'Antin. This first exhibition attracts no less than 2 million visitors. From 1940 onwards, a door separated the Palais de la Découverte from the Grand Palais' main staircase. Until the 1970s, the institution presented different fields of fundamental research without public participation in concrete experiments: fluorescence, phosphorescence, optics, gas discharges, electrostatics, Foucault pendulum, cathode rays, X-rays, biology, planetarium. Since then, the Palais de la Découverte has offered a much more interactive approach. Large temporary exhibitions, such as the one on Dinosaurs, attract a wider and more family audience, always with the aim of popularizing science. Since 2010, the Palais de la découverte and the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie have been grouped together in the same public institution. See the program on www.palais-decouverte.fr.
38
paikallista suosittelee
Palais de la Découverte
38
paikallista suosittelee
The Palace of Discovery Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt - M° Franklin Roosevelt - Tel: 01 56 56 43 43 20 20 Opening hours: open from Tuesday to Saturday from 9.30 am to 6 pm, on Sundays and public holidays from 10 am to 7 pm. The Palais de la Découverte is an exhibition space designed to popularize Science among audiences, especially young audiences. Scientist Jean Perrin, Nobel Prize winner in Physics in 1926, created the Palais de la Découverte in 1937 on the occasion of the International Exhibition "Arts and Techniques". Its purpose is to popularize Science to the public. The chosen location is the west wing of the Grand Palais, called the Palais d'Antin. This first exhibition attracts no less than 2 million visitors. From 1940 onwards, a door separated the Palais de la Découverte from the Grand Palais' main staircase. Until the 1970s, the institution presented different fields of fundamental research without public participation in concrete experiments: fluorescence, phosphorescence, optics, gas discharges, electrostatics, Foucault pendulum, cathode rays, X-rays, biology, planetarium. Since then, the Palais de la Découverte has offered a much more interactive approach. Large temporary exhibitions, such as the one on Dinosaurs, attract a wider and more family audience, always with the aim of popularizing science. Since 2010, the Palais de la découverte and the Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie have been grouped together in the same public institution. See the program on www.palais-decouverte.fr.
The Pleyel Room 252 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré - M° Place des Ternes - Tel : 01 42 56 56 13 13 (5 minutes walk from the apartment) The Salle Pleyel is a magnificent symphonic concert hall decorated in the Art Deco style. See the program on www.sallepleyel.fr.
24
paikallista suosittelee
Salle Pleyel
252 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
24
paikallista suosittelee
The Pleyel Room 252 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré - M° Place des Ternes - Tel : 01 42 56 56 13 13 (5 minutes walk from the apartment) The Salle Pleyel is a magnificent symphonic concert hall decorated in the Art Deco style. See the program on www.sallepleyel.fr.
The Grand Palais Avenue Winston Churchill - M° Champs-Elysées-Clémenceau - Tel : 01 44 13 17 17 (10/15 minutes walk from the apartment) Built for the 1900 Universal Exhibition, the Grand Palais is remarkable for its large glass roof. With a surface area of 77,000 m2, it is intended to host major artistic events. Opening hours: the opening hours of the nave and the National Galleries depend on the exhibitions or events taking place there. See the program on www.grandpalais.fr
11
paikallista suosittelee
Grand Palais
11
paikallista suosittelee
The Grand Palais Avenue Winston Churchill - M° Champs-Elysées-Clémenceau - Tel : 01 44 13 17 17 (10/15 minutes walk from the apartment) Built for the 1900 Universal Exhibition, the Grand Palais is remarkable for its large glass roof. With a surface area of 77,000 m2, it is intended to host major artistic events. Opening hours: the opening hours of the nave and the National Galleries depend on the exhibitions or events taking place there. See the program on www.grandpalais.fr
Gastronomie
Frédéric welcomes you warmly. A typical Parisian bistro where it is always pleasant to have breakfast or other meals of the day. The rib steak is excellent!
Perle Noire
32 Boulevard Malesherbes
Frédéric welcomes you warmly. A typical Parisian bistro where it is always pleasant to have breakfast or other meals of the day. The rib steak is excellent!
The reputation of the starred chef Thierry Marx is well established. But it is less known for its very high quality bakeries. Rue Laborde, 2 minutes from the apartment, you will certainly appreciate its pastries, bread and specialities.
Thierry Marx - La Boulangerie
51 Rue de Laborde
The reputation of the starred chef Thierry Marx is well established. But it is less known for its very high quality bakeries. Rue Laborde, 2 minutes from the apartment, you will certainly appreciate its pastries, bread and specialities.
I love ice cream!!!!! Glazed is certainly one of the best glaciers in Paris. Located at the top of the magnificent rue des Martyrs, I advise you to discover the hyper inventive flavours of this maestro!
7
paikallista suosittelee
Glaces Glazed
54 Rue des Martyrs
7
paikallista suosittelee
I love ice cream!!!!! Glazed is certainly one of the best glaciers in Paris. Located at the top of the magnificent rue des Martyrs, I advise you to discover the hyper inventive flavours of this maestro!